Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bursts of Sunshine

God is so faithful to send me bursts of sunshine when I most need them. Typically when Wil leaves I transition to "singlehood" over a period of a couple of days. Today was a just the burst of sunshine I needed during transitions.

Today was "Free Market" day. It is like a free garage sale. I had never been to the Main Post Chapel (where it was being held) but it didn't look too hard to find. Technically it wasn't but I went through several wrong turns before I actually got there. While I didn't find anything I had a lovely chat with one of the women I met at a recent coffee. Burst of sunshine #1. I finally went to the thrift store here. While I again didn't find anything I was glad I went.

Are you sitting down? I am about to say something shocking. Sit down...really. The commissary was the highlight of my day. Yes, this was shocking to me as well. I went in and while there were definitely a steady stream of people but it wasn't crazy. I was shopping for produce and at one point had to wait for an older gentleman to tear off his "produce bag." When I went to tear off my own he handed me his and asked how many more I needed. It was such a lovely gesture. Burst of sunshine #2. Raspberry lemonade is one of those beverages that is a special treat. It was priced quite nicely. Burst of sunshine #3. The final burst of sunshine was just a pleasant short conversation with another customer who was in line.

It may not seem like much but it was. Today I felt like a part of my community. I enjoyed my community. That was pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this was a burst of sunshine in my day :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete