Friday, March 23, 2012

Reformation of Sleep Doctrine

On this day, the twenty-third of March in the year two thousand and twelve in the year of our Lord, I, Rachelle Lynette White, formerly known as Night Owl, would like to announce my confession of faith in the Reformation of Sleep Doctrine.

As a true Reformer I hold true to, and encourage others to do the same, the following practices:
     1. After the passing of eight o'clock in the evening  I faithfully begin to dwell on sleep and begin to  
         prepare for my practice thereof.
     2. Should I not be in bed by the passing of nine o'clock in the evening I feel due guilt and exhaustion for
         my lack of perseverance to the doctrine.
     3. Empowered by at least seven hours of sleep, I am able to faithfully be responsible for the alarm clock
         and prompt rising of my husband at half-past four in the morning.
     4. Faithful adherence to said doctrine has produced the fruit of daily habitual obedience and the belief
         that "sleeping in" means being awake at half past seven in the morning. The week's end provides the
         additional grace of being awake but not necessarily immediately rising from one's bed.

I reject the following practices:
     1. Frequent late nights with the occasial exception at week's end
     2. The practice of staying up all night
     3. Excessive deviation from my previously stated rising times

My confession of faith in the Reformation of Sleep Doctrine was no result of my own fallen flesh but rather, of the imposing force, traditions and neccesities associated with the United States Army and my love for one of its soldiers.

I shall hold true to this confession of faith until such time as I am packing, on vacation or enter into a state of motherhood.

Signed: Rachelle Lynette White    
Date: March 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment